Monday, February 1, 2010

Setting goals

I made a new years resolution to lose weight, but that vague statement isn't as exacting an incentive as a specific goal. So today I decided to choose a target weight, as well as a target date:

I want to weigh 170 or less by the time my 35th birthday rolls around. That gives me about 7.5 weeks to lose about 12 pounds. I'll be playing 7 or 8 hours of frisbee a week for the time being, which isn't all that much so I plan to try and eat less. I found a website called Calorie Count which helps you find out how many calories are in various foods, and keep track of how much you've eaten and how many calories you've burned. I am going to try recording my meals on that and see if it helps me maintain a decent calorie intake per day.

So there it is... in writing. Let's see if I can make it come true!

No comments: