Sunday, March 2, 2008

Resolution check in

I posted New Years Resolutions this year, and I said I'd check in on them and try to keep on track. Here's the current status of each:

1. Check progress of my Resolutions

As evidenced by this post, I am keeping up with this one.

2. Go to the Dentist

I have not yet made a dentist appointment, and the Feb 28th deadline passed! I had better make an appointment this week if I'm going to keep up with this resolution!

3. New Glasses

I did get new glasses! I can officially cross this one off the list. I am not in love with my new frames, but they look alright, and the perscription is updated, so that's good.

4. Finish Game Designs (Prototyping)

I have sort of hit a snag here. I was really gung ho about prototyping some of my games and trying them, but I have f just not done that. I haven't been able to get myself excited about working on them. I had better refocus, as there's a Prototype event at the convention I'm going to at the end of the month...

I'm a little disappointed about my performance on this particular resolution.

5. Game Publication/Submission

I may have gotten somewhere with respect to getting Terra Prime, my game about space exploration and colonization, published. I hope that leads somewhere, and if it does I'm sure I'll be posting about it.

6. Cut down on TYPOs

I had been forcing myself to do push-ups every day for having typos, which was good because I wanted to be doing push-ups anyway, and this got me to do them. It was working, too - typos were down. I sort of stopped counting them, and in general I think I do better than I was, but I'm still a terrible typist. I think I've officially cut down on typos though, so the resolution is intact. I'll try and keep this one up moving forward, maybe continually trying to get better.

On the down side, I have stopped doing the push-ups.

7. Dental Hygiene

I have flossed every single day, with minimal exceptions, and on nights where I've forgotten, I made it up by flossing the next morning. :)

So for the most part, so far so good. To get back on track I'll need to get myself to the Dentist, and get back to work on my game designs.

No comments: