Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ides of March

A group called the Southern Arizona Gamers Association (SAGA) puts on a game day in the middle of each month called the Ides of Gaming. This month, the "middle of the month" happened to be March 15th, the Ides of March. It also happened to be the anniversary of the event. To commemorate, instead of the usual 12-6 timeframe (the event has been small thus far), it ran from 10am to 10pm, and had a lot more structure. A lot of people came, and there was a raffle with some neat prizes donated by Asmodee games (a game publisher).

I had a lot of fun playing some games, and to support the event I entered the raffle. You get a number of r every $1 you contribute, and they pick randomly to see which numbers are winners. So I gave $5 and got 5 numbers. Thinking about it, there was only 1 prize I was really interested in, so I decided to get another 5 numbers to increase my chances of winning it. Besides, it was for a decent cause, I wanted to support SAGA.

When it came time for the raffle, Bo rolled some dice to generate a random number, and asked me to verify in front of everyone that the number was 61. As I verified I thought "that sounds familiar," and upon checking my numbers I found that my second set was 57, 58, 59, 60, and 61! So not only was it a good idea for me to get more numbers, but it looks like I got the exact right number of them! :)

So I won a game which retails for $40 ($26 online), and my investment was $10 to SAGA.

So yesterday I had a fun day of gaming and a prize to boot!

No comments: