Monday, January 28, 2008

New Year's Fest - frisbee tournament!

I spent the weekend in Phoenix playing Ultimate in the annual New Year's Fest tournament. I played with a team which will likely morph into the Arizona masters team (masters = 33 years of age or older). It was fun playing with some guys I haven't played with since college, but at the same time it's a pretty harsh realization that I'm actually old enough to be on a masters team.

I'm a lot older and slower than I used to be, and I'm in much worse shape physically... and it definitely shows. On the up-side, I think I only had 6 turnovers all weekend, 4 of them in the last 2 points of the last game, when it was raining. So outside of that finish, I'd only thrown 2 discs that weren't caught, and one of them I think was very catchable (the other was atrocious).

No comments: