Sunday, November 27, 2011

Dallas for BGG.con, stupid nagging injury, and etc.

I don't know who reads this blog, but in case you're out there and wondering what I've been up to...

I spent a week in Dallas at BGG.con - a game convention put on by the people who run boardgamegeek.com. I've been every year they've put it on, since they began 7 years ago, and it's my favorite convention of the year. I got to see a lot of friends both old and new, I got to play a lot of games, and generally I got to have a lot of fun. My friend Steve (from Hawaii) came to Tucson for a week after, and we got to hang out and play more games for another week!

I love the holiday season, as there's a lot of fun to be had. I usually dislike the relative lack of frisbee compared to summer, but lately I haven't been missing it - maybe because I've got a nagging leg injury that doesn't seem to want to go away :( I think it might be something with my IT band, but I'm not sure. This couple of weeks off seems to have helped a lot, but I can tell it's not 100%. Maybe I'm just getting old :/

In other news, my game Eminent Domain seems to be going over very well. People enjoy it, and Tasty Minstrel Games has started selling into the 2nd batch of games that were printed. I really enjoyed seeing people playing the game at the convention last week.

Evie was happy to see me when I got home from my week long trip - I can tell because she followed me around all week, and even slept in my bed - she hasn't done that since she was a kitten!

Oh, and I found out that I'm going to be an Uncle again! Come April, my nephew - who calls me Uncle Jump-jump - is going to be a big brother. Renee, Matt, and Jonah are coming to visit next month. Jonah is about 2.5 years old now, and I look forward to having actual conversations with him :)

So there you have it. things are going well around here. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: