Friday, November 6, 2009

Recent and upcoming goings-on

It's been a long time since my last post... So what have I been doing for the last month?

Not a whole lot, actually. I have spent a lot of time playing and thinking about a game Tasty Minstrel is considering for publication, as well as another we're already committed to publishing next year.

Since Regionals I have not been playing much Frisbee - just league once a week and some pickup once a week (not even that much). It's a lot less exercise, and I fully expect the normal holiday season laziness and weight gain to begin. In fact, it's already begun - I was down to 164 at one point, and now I'm back to 175. I am going to try not to snack too much though, I do NOT want to weigh more than 180 ever again!

It's getting to be time to revisit my New Year's Resolutions - I have been seriously slacking on those! Time to assess how I did this year and make new resolutions for next year. The key is attainable, quantifiable goals!

In a week and a half I'm off to Dallas again for my favorite game convention of the year. Last month there was one in Tucson, and it was much bigger than last year when it first started... but Rincon was nothing compared to BGG.con! There's nothing but gathering with 800 of your closest friends for 4 days of fun and games! Ok, so maybe not ALL 800 of them are my closest friends, but I HAVE met a lot of great people at this convention, and this year several of my closest friends WILL be there. As usual, my oldest friend Brian, who lives in Dallas, will be there - I'm looking forward to spending some time with him. Also, this year Mikey is coming with me, and so is a college friend Steve who is living in my house for the time being. He's got a job waiting for him back in Hawaii, but it doesn't start until mid January, so he'll be around through the holidays.

This year the convention will be a little different for me, as Tasty Minstrel will have a booth and I'm going to have to spend a lot of time manning it. I'll be demoing Terra Prime and homesteaders as well as next year's releases... lucky for me those are great games and I really like them! I hope that doesn't mean I have to miss too much of the rest of the convention... I'm sure it'll be OK.

I do love the holiday season, and I'm looking forward to all the games I'll play and fun I'll have. I'll be bummed when the new year rolls around, Steve heads back to Hawaii, and the world gets over the holiday spirit.

No comments: