Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas

I'm sure there are some who wonder what a Jew does on Christmas. There's not a lot to do, if all your friends are out of town or spending time with their families.

Most years on Christmas morning there's a frisbee game, and often I recall commenting "It's December 25th, and we're out here in shorts and a T-shirt!" But this year that didn't happen. It's pretty nice outside, if a bit cool, but nobody was at the park.

I usually have a big holiday game party, as I've posted about before. This year several of my friends will have left town already, or never came in the first place. So I don't think any formal party will be happening this year. It's too bad, because with Christmas on a Thursday the timing is great for it :/

Last night was quiet. Everyone I know was at home with their family. I watched some movies and TV with Evie.

There's a stereotype about Christmas day for Jews involving movies and Chinese food which is strikingly accurate, They don't call them stereotypes for nothing! That's what I am doing with my parents today. In a couple of hours my Mom and Dad are coming over, we're going to go see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and then we're going to go to a Chinese restaurant near my house for dinner.

Sounds pretty uneventful, but I guess that's not unusual. I am noticing that I feel more lonely this time of year. Maybe the holiday season more than the rest of the year I lament not having a girlfriend. Sigh.

Happy holidays everyone!

No comments: