Wednesday, September 17, 2008

This weekend's plans

This weekend is Frisbee Sectionals, so I'll be heading up to Phoenix on Saturday morning to play in the tournament. I've been practicing with the new Tucson Men's team, Monsoon (revived the old name), and I'll be playing with them instead of with the masters team I had previously planned on playing with.

I'm not sure whether it was a good or a bad decision to not to play Masters. The reasoning I used was that this'll be the first time in history that I play on a team (for the fall series) with people who I am actually friends with outside of frisbee. Nate, Doug, Ryan, and Joe actually come to my house and hang out. We play board games, cook brats, play Guitar Hero and Rampart. I've never really been friends with my teammates before. Besides, I have the rest of my life to play Masters if I want to, right?

On the other hand, this team is a lot less experienced and talented than the Masters team, which I suppose might have a shot at going to Nationals. I've always wanted to play on a "good" team, a team that could, for example, go to Nationals. What if this was my chance to do so?

I wonder if I've set myself up to be frustrated and disappointed this weekend. But in the end I'm sure it will be fun to play with my friends.

In addition, Mikey invited me to the Gaslight theater with his family on Friday night. It's been a while since I've been to the Gaslight, and looking at their (new and improved!) website, it looks like the show is called Frankenstein Lives (or... The Jolt's On You). That should be fun.

No comments: