Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Under her spell

I don't know if it's true of all women, but I've noticed that at least some women seem to have an enchantment about them that I frankly don't understand. A friend of mine is so blessed - guys take to her immediately, they'll do anything for her, etc. There's a stereotype that smokin' hot women can get anything they want with a wink and a smile - but I think there's more to it than that. This friend of mine, though not unattractive at all, isn't the kind of person you'd normally think of as "hot" or "sexy." Yet her enchantment remains.

This friend was telling me that this weekend while out of town she met a guy. She's known him for 4 days and already he wants to call her his girlfriend and he's talking about flying across the country to visit her... she's pretty happy about the whole thing, is thinking of a cute pseudonym to use for him in her blog, and has a good feeling about a potential relationship. Don't get me wrong - I'm happy for her. but this blog isn't called His Life or Her Life - it's called My Life...

So what's this got to do with me? That situation in particular? Nothing, not directly anyway. I'd just like to get to the bottom of this magical power she possesses!

My friend said she was feeling pretty comfortable that he'd be calling her like he said he would... as if there was a chance he wouldn't. He's under her spell! Some time ago I was under her spell. It took a long time, but I eventually snapped out of it (at least I tell myself that and then don't think about it, just in case it's not true). So I feel like I know a little bit about what this guy is thinking. Yes, he'll call. Yes, he'll come visit. He'll be happy to do it, and he'll keep on doing it until she decides he's not right for her and looks for something else, or until "happily ever after." He's under her spell.

As for "happily ever after," this guy's got a better shot than I did, as my friend is willing to admit to her friends (and herself) that she's interested in him. And from the sound of things, he's made an excellent first impression.

I wish I understood how and why this enchantment thing works. In the meantime I'd settle for finding someone else's spell to fall under. I miss that feeling :-/

No comments: