Monday, December 3, 2007

Hoasis 2007

This weekend was an annual co-ed frisbee tournament called Hoasis. It's the bigger of 2 annual tournaments held here in Tucson, and for the last few years I've organized a team for it. We're getting better and better each year, but it's hard to get all of the same people back each time, and it's hard to organize the play of a team that's basically a pickup team while you're on the field in the game. Despite all that, we did pretty well this year - finishing in 5th place. That's better than last year's 9th place finish.

This is the third year I've invited some of the people I met at the Acapulco hat tournament I sometimes go to, and this time Jeff, Giles, and Paul returned to play disc and hang out. Those guys are a riot, and I had a lot of fun with them again this year. In addition to frisbee, we played some fun games such as Scattergories, and even the game my friend John and I made - Wizard's Tower.

Unfortunately my play this weekend wasn't stellar, and not everything went the way I'd hoped frisbee-wise, but on the up-side, after 2 days straight of rain, I was afraid the fields would be closed or the tournament canceled - but not only could we play, but the fields were great! And the weather was nice too.

I'm pretty tired now, and I really don't want to go to work in the morning... but all good things must eventually come to an end.

No comments: