Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Monthly Recap - September 2012

3 weeks late, but who's counting?

Looking at my dry erase calendar, September must have been busy... there's ink on almost every single day!

Strategicon

I mentioned Strategicon in last month's update. It was a lot of fun meeting Antoine Bauza and playing a bunch of his new games. One of them, Tokaido, was a big hit at Essen - selling out early and making a big splash. I guess that's to be expected from a designer who's other games (7 Wonders, Ghost Stories, Hanabi) are so popular :)

Rincon

I spent a lot of time last month making last minute preparations for the game convention that I had been working to put on. I'm happy to report that Rincon ended up being a big success! 366 people attended, which is more than I expected. Many were there for only 1 day though, but it's still a great turnout for what was essentially a 1st time con. The volunteers and convention staff did a GREAT job, and everyone seemed pretty happy with the convention. We have a lot of ideas for how to make improvements for next time.

Frisbee

I've still been playing ultimate 1-2 times a week, and my hip has still been holding up, so that's good.

That's a short recap for September, some of which was covered last month. See the next installment for more details about Essen and my trip to Germany!

No comments: