Monday, January 14, 2008

Perspective

I was very complainy this morning because the clerk at the bagel place overcharged me, and the manager told me that if I wanted my $2.29 back I'd have to come back with my credit card statement or bank statement... which is of course ridiculous... but then a friend of mine said the following in a chat room:

"****. Wife had a miscarriage. Gotta go."

Of course he then disappeared and hasn't been back all day. I immediately stopped my complaining because in comparison it suddenly seemed like I was having a pretty good day. I don't even know what to think of that, I can't imagine what he must be feeling right now.

It kind of put things in perspective a little bit. I've been getting all worked up lately about crap like being over charged for a bagel or satellite service, god forbid I had any real problems to complain about.

My sympathies, Darke...

No comments: