Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year!

For the first time in years I didn't go to Phoenix on New years day to play frisbee. And for the first time ever I hosted people at my house for New Year's Eve. Mohan, Rif, Jeremy, Amelia, Joe, Val, Ryan, Anita, and Michael all came by for some BBQ, Rock Band, and various other games.

We played a party game called Cineplexity where you want to be the first to come up with a movie title that matches the cards in play (of which there are 2). The cards list some Genre, Theme, Prop, or Actors. For example, one combination we had in play was "Theme: a race against time" and "Prop: fire extinguisher, lighter, or flame thrower" so I said "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade."

We also played a few rounds of Incan Gold, a press your luck game about collecting treasure from a temple. Joe, Mohan, Michael, and Anita even played a game of Race for the Galaxy. None of that is surprising except that Anita tried it - she's a friend from frisbee, and I didn't expect she'd want to play "one of my complicated games." Shows what I know! In fact she said she's been more interested in board games lately, and now that she's learned that one, she wouldn't mind playing it again some time.

In staying true to my resolutions I've been consistent with dental hygiene (I actually think I left that off the list, I better go edit!), and I've been thinking a lot about 2 of my games which are about ready to try, I just need to make prototypes of them.

The one thing I didn't really do this holiday season is see my family. Renee didn't come home for the holiday, she and Matt are going to go to Israel next month. My parents went on a cruise last month, and I think I have seen them once since they got back. Grandma, Mom, and Dad invited me out to dinner a couple of times, but I was always busy. I need to invite my parents over for dinner one of these days or something. Maybe when I get my new grill they'll help me break it in :)

I wish everyone a great start to 2008, Happy New Year!

No comments: